Cherrystew

June 01, 2009

Curiosity Keeps Disgruntled Blog Reader Coming Back

It wasn't until I pissed off a reader - well - those might be strong words, but it wasn't until I got into a pissing match/debate with a reader that I felt like I was an official writer. Maybe that's what it takes - years of writing all about this muck in my head - until finally pissing off the people who read it. I don't know why that makes it official. Thinking this through I see that it's not the making the reader mad - because to be fair, I don't think they ever really were; it's more that I made them say that were going to stop reading my blog and in so doing - they made me want to write again.

I admit that at first I felt kind of down when my reader said they were giving up on me - heading to sunnier blogs I suppose, but then - a bit of clearing occurred. There was someone out there reading my blog on a regular basis, not because they're my friends and they feel obliged to, but simply because they happened upon it. (friends and family: I certainly appreciate your support though) But, an anonymous reader - that's awesome. They even read it despite the fact that they called me out on my influences - they appropriately noted that I have bent an ear to both sides (sometimes the "wrong" side).

So, if my ex-reader has already undone their rss feeds and "email me when this blog updates," then they'll never know that I owe some of my renewed writing inspiration to them - who I hastily implied to be an upcoming psychopath. Note: I fully intend to keep my opinions about my readers to myself from now on - maybe. And to Phil - you know who you are, even though I don't know who you are, thanks.

Oh - and the title? It's just my cheeky, wishful thinking

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home