Cherrystew

February 01, 2005

Dog Talks - Master Listens

My dog, just moments ago, uttered the most detailed dog talk I've ever heard. She came upstairs and said what I believe translated to following: "I've been sleeping in an uncomfortable spot on the wood floor. I'm trying to stretch these kinks out of my hind legs. Ok, a little more, rrrrruuuuaahg! Now, what was I saying? Oh yeah, I want some attention now. You know, don't just take my dog love for granted. What do you think I am anyway? Do you think I'm just like the thieving little cats you make me share my territory with? I did notice, although you thought I didn't, that those felines stole my bed last night. That was a bunch of cat waste. They get to go on the sofa. Now, I don't get my bed or the sofa. It's not right. Raaruurrr Owrrruuuuuhhhh uh. Ok, I'm bettter now. I'm just gonna stretch and yawn a little bit -Raauuuur... more and get up on the futon. I'm still allowed up here, right?"



GIGI



3 Comments:

  • At Wednesday, February 2, 2005 at 8:15:00 PM EST, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    This probably violates all human arrogance about the intelligence of lesser creatures. I am convinced that cats and dogs talk, some more than others.

     
  • At Thursday, February 3, 2005 at 9:16:00 AM EST, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Tell me where the dog is!

    -Jack Bauer

     
  • At Thursday, February 10, 2005 at 6:59:00 PM EST, Blogger thedeactivist said…

    Our two cats love our two older dogs. They will brush up against them in typical loving cat fashion. One of our cats even tries to chase a ball like the dogs do, but can't figure out what to do with the ball once he gets to it. One cat has even licked and slept on top of one dog. They are a little skittish about the younger one as he tries to dominate and herd them (as he is a Corgi - a member of the herding group).

    The dogs’ feelings are harder to read - they seem to accept them and tolerate the cats, but I sense a feel of distrust. This is may be because they grew up with two previous cats that had claws and were not so loving. But, I suspect something deeper. Even the puppy seems to have a slight sense of distrust, even though he grew up with them and they have never harmed him. I think there is something primal in a dogs nature that makes them stay wary of the day that the nice sweet cats finally show there true colors and kill and eat every living thing in the house.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home